What Matters in EdTech – Future Tech & Trends
With many of us experiencing the fall-out of poorly designed reactive online learning, this episode provides hope that the next generation of EdTech (and its pedagogical deployment) will be all about more sophisticated ways of connecting, collaborating and learning together. For this, we need to understand our intrinsic emotions and motivations as learners better.
Our guests chat about social-emotional learning, the next evolution of personalised learning, and how to demand the specific benefits of "AI in education". Plus, how investment is driving innovation across the U.S, Europe and China.
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Prof Pierre Dillenbourg, Associate Vice-President for Education, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland | Twitter: @EPFL_en; @EPFL
- Dr Anantha K Duraiappah, Director, UNESCO MGIEP, The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development | Twitter: @akduraiappah
- Lance Huang, Education Lead, Agora | Twitter: @AgoraIO
- Margus Pedaste, Professor of Educational Technology at the Institute of Education of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Tartu | Twitter: @pedaste
- Benoit Wirz, Partner, Brighteye Ventures | Twitter: @bthewirz; @brighteyevc