What Matters in EdTech - Middle East & Africa
Our second episode is "What Matters in EdTech Middle East and Africa" which invites guests working in the region, to explore some of the particular opportunities and challenges of education locally. We will focus on some projects and places, highlighting the nuances between countries, systems, cultures and implementation of learning technologies focused on learner outcome and support. We will also look at how schools and colleges have adapted as Coronavirus shifts usual teaching, learning practices and communication.
The episode also features a 17-year-old student on why the youth will drive change in education, a charity supporting teaching and learning access for refugees, and the principal of a school on keeping calm and carrying on during lockdown.
Guests on this episode include:
- Sophie Bailey - Founder and Presenter, The Edtech Podcast
- Linah Anyango - Teacher and ICT integration Coordinator, Regis School Runda, GEMS Education and Global Teacher Prize 2020 Nominee
- Dr Sonia Ben Jafaar - CEO, Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education
- Aastha Das - Founder and CEO at InnoYouth
- Atif Mahmood - Founder and CEO, Teacherly
- Kai Vacher - Principal, British School Muscat
Click below to listen to the podcast or you can download it to listen on the go