“The emerging contours of the new world of work in the Fourth Industrial Revolution are rapidly becoming a lived reality for millions of workers and companies around the world. The inherent opportunities for economic prosperity, societal progress and individual flourishing in this new world are enormous yet depend crucially on reform in education and training.”
(Klaus Schwab, World Economic Forum)
Today’s students need real-world skills to thrive. Transforming education systems is essential to help them build the skills, knowledge and mindset they require. System-wide transformation, taking advantage of emerging technology like Artificial Intelligence, predictive analytics, and mixed reality, must be supported by capacity building to succeed. Whether it’s driving school/system level insight through data or creating authentic learning experiences in game-like environments, our summit was dedicated to sharing inspiring stories, strategies and approaches that are already making an impact across the world.
Our Transformation Leaders’ Summit was opened by Anthony Salcito, Microsoft Education’s Vice President, and featured an expert panel including:
- Christina Thoresen, Director, Global Audience Engagement Team, Education Industry, Microsoft
- Stuart Clyde, Head Teacher, Bertha Park High School
- Barbara Holzapfel, GM, Education Marketing, Microsoft
- Anna Pons, Analyst Policy and Advice, OECD
- Jonathon Bishop: Head Teacher Training Academy, BCPS
- Tracy Atkinson, Strathclyde University
- Christopher Owen, Head of Digital Learning at Llywodraeth Cymru / Welsh Government
- Clarke Hagan: Director of Information Systems- Louis Riel School District, Canada
- Angela Schaerer: Technology Business Relationships Manager at Curro
- Dina Ghobashy, Microsoft
- Mark Sparvell, Microsoft
Our expert panel discussed topics such as the impact of AI on learning, teaching and the education system, and then moved on to discuss how the staff of 2030 could best be prepared to enable the class of 2030 to thrive across the coming decades.
We hope you enjoyed our Transformation Leaders’ Summit and we look forward to seeing you next year at Bett UK 2021!