At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are doing this by building an intelligent cloud, reinventing productivity and business processes and making computing more personal. In all of this, we will maintain the timeless value of privacy and preserve the ability for you to control your data.
This starts with making sure you get meaningful choices about how and why data is collected and used, and ensuring that you have the information you need to make the choices that are right for you across our products and services.
We are working to earn your trust every day by focusing on six key privacy principles:
- Control : We will put you in control of your privacy with easy-to-use tools and clear choices.
- Transparency : We will be transparent about data collection and use so you can make informed decisions.
- Security : We will protect the data you entrust to us through strong security and encryption.
- Strong legal protections : We will respect your local privacy laws and fight for legal protection of your privacy as a fundamental human right.
- No content-based targeting : We will not use your email, chat, files or other personal content to target ads to you.
- Benefits to you : When we do collect data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experiences better.
These principles form the foundation of Microsoft’s approach to privacy and will continue to shape the way we build our products and services. For enterprise and business customers, check out the Microsoft Trust Center to find out how we protect your data in the Microsoft Cloud.
In this event we had a number of VIP industry specialists discuss Microsoft’s Privacy & Security vision for Primary & Secondary Education. We heard from the following subject matter experts to examine how Microsoft supports education:
- Simon Ibbitt, Business Strategy Leader K-12 Education Cloud
- Jason Wilmot, Senior Director, K-12 Education Lead
- Kirk Arthur, Senior Director, Business Development, Worldwide Public Safety & Justice
- Ed Simmons, Director of IT Governance, Security & Strategy at CEWA
- Sutton Wunderle, Product Marketing Manager EDGE
We hope you enjoyed our summit and we look forward to seeing you next year at Bett UK 2021!