These criteria are designed so that only the companies for whom the Bett Futures programme will be most useful are eligible. However, if you do not meet all elements of the criteria but feel strongly that Futures will benefit you, please apply anyway. In that case, please specify on the application form which elements of the criteria do not apply to you and why. Stage 1 is for new startups who are seeking the opportunity to trial products and ideas, gain direct access to educators and exposure to potential partners. The criteria is as follows:
- first-time exhibitor at Bett
- in the development phase with a product that is about to launch OR have just launched a product (product not launched before Jan 2018).
- zero or minimal revenues at time of application (under £100k)
- in first 2 years of business
- no more than 5 full time employees
Please note that we will also evaluate applications according to whether your company will showcase an innovative concept or product which aligns with what Bett visitors tell us they want to see as part of the Bett Futures initiative.
Stage 2 is for growing startups who want to build exposure across the education community and focus on generating sales.
- Bett Futures 2016/2017 graduate or first time exhibitor at Bett
- innovative concept or product which aligns with what Bett visitors tell us they want to see
- generating between £100K - £300K revenue (or equivalent funding/user data)
- Will have had their product(s) on the market for 1-3 years by the time of Bett 2018
- No more than 20 full time employees
To help support successful applicants, the Bett content team will work with these organisations on their application to speak at the event. The aim being to ensure the very best that are selected will be because of the quality of their ideas. They will benefit from bespoke placement in the Bett content programme. We aim to ensure relevant and appreciable audience reach that is favourable for both the brands showing and Bett. Please note content at Bett is editorially led and no guarantees can be offered on placement within the programme.
Finally, remember that we will also evaluate applications according to whether your company will showcase an innovative concept or product which aligns with what Bett visitors tell us they want to see as part of the Bett Futures initiative.