SMART Technologies Helps Schools and Leaders Transform Education with Technology21 Jan 2019 SMART Technologies ULC
SMART Technologies Helps Schools and Leaders Transform Education with Technology
BETT 2019 experience includes a convergence of research, workshops and school presentations to inspire greatness for better outcomes.
CALGARY, Alberta – January 25, 2019 – SMART Technologies Inc. the world leader in classroom technology, aims to transform education during the Bett and Learnit conferences in London, January 23-26, 2019. Through a series of research presentations, workshops and student and school leader presentations, conference attendees will walk away with a blueprint for better learning outcomes with education technology.
The impact of EdTech is one of the most debated topics in education. To address this challenge and transform education, SMART will share the latest results of an ongoing global research survey identifying 22 evidence-based capabilities that, when well developed, correlate to higher reported learning outcomes. The survey includes input from more than 850 school leaders in 11 countries, including the United States, Australia, China, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands and Spain. The 22 evidence-based capabilities relate to a schools’ capacity for strategic technology planning, integration of technology in teaching and learning, professional development and technology infrastructure management.
Committed to help schools and leaders participating in Bett, SMART is hosting a series of workshops, events and presentations.
- Global Outcomes Research Workshop: In this insightful, hands-on workshop, attendees will learn the most important capabilities for success and leave with a personal assessment of the strengths and needs related to EdTech implementations.
- A Roundtable Discussion with Professor Stephen Heppell: Prof. Heppell will use his “eyes on the horizon, feet on the ground” approach to lead this interactive discussion about pioneering change in education.
- Presentations by Local Schools and Students: SMART is celebrating three SMART Exemplary Schools in the United Kingdom each day at BETT. Students and teachers from local schools will be on hand to showcase lessons amplified by technology to achieve better outcomes.
- Conrad Challenge Innovation Presentations: Student teams from the United States, Qatar and United Kingdom will share innovations designed for the Transforming Learning through Technology category of the 2018-19 Conrad Challenge.
- New SMART Solutions Tour: As the #1 education interactive display provider in the North America and a top interactive display provider in the UK and Western Europe, SMART is offering an exclusive tour of our latest solutions aimed to help schools inspire greatness. Visitors to Bett can tour the full range of market-leading SMART Board® interactive displays, SMART Learning Suite software, SMART TeamWorksÔ software and a preview SMART’s latest game-based software bundle being shown at Bett for the first time.
“Today’s schools are challenged to combine the best in technology and pedagogy to reach and engage learners for the best learning outcomes possible,” said Jeff Lowe, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer for SMART Technologies. “As an innovator in education for over 30 years, we’re focused on how to help schools develop the right capabilities to implement technology and our commitment is evident in our research, solutions and services for learners and leaders globally.”
About SMART Technologies Inc.
SMART is a world leader in classroom technology, providing interactive solutions to help every student and teacher discover and develop the greatness within them. A consistent innovator for over 30 years, SMART is the inventor of the SMART Board® and the developer of SMART Notebook®, the world’s most popular collaborative learning software, and part of the SMART Learning Suite. With their full range of interconnected displays, software and accessories, used in over 3 million classrooms, SMART helps students and teachers around the world achieve better learning outcomes. To learn more, visit smarttech.com.