The Bett Arena
This 2017 we will present to you the EducationGameChangers, get ready to be wowed.
Expect the return of Sir Ken Robinson, exploding science, provocative open discussion that challenges your current practices, 3D printed school dinners, collaboration with thought leaders and visionaries, world exclusive tech launches, and students all at the heart of this game changing programme.
Join 1,000 global educators in the Arena, our centre stage, for a passionate, open, knowledgeable and playful look at how together we can create a better future through education.
You are guaranteed to leave the Bett Arena with practical advice, insight, inspiration, tools and the realisation that you too are a game changer in the making. - individuals and products all creating an impact, resulting in a significant shift in how people behave and discover what's possible in education.
Keynote - Sir Ken Robinson
Friday 27th January at 16.30 – 17.15
Whose is the most viewed TED Talk and most attended Bett Arena Session? Sir Ken Robinson’s. And what’s one of the most critical issues of our time? How to transform the nation’s troubled educational system. In which case, we’re delighted to announce Sir Ken Robinson as keynote speaker at Bett 2017.
Keynote - Heston Blumenthal
Friday 27th January at 13.30 – 14.15
Internationally famous for his award winning, 3 Michelin starred The Fat Duck in Berkshire, Heston Blumenthal is considered to be one of the best and most influential chefs of his generation. Completely self-taught, he has pushed the boundaries of a traditional kitchen.
The 2017 Arena game changers will reveal:
- What it takes to become a global game changing teacher, from the Global Teacher Prize finalists
- Why education isn’t working, at least when it comes to Careers!
- How STEAM in the Creative Industries can help fix the gender and diversity careers gap
- Mobile Gaming – what’s the role for it in contemporary education systems?
- Exclusives from Micro:bit, Raspberry Pi, Pi-Top and more
- Leading and learning in the digital age as a model for moving schools and districts forward.
- Transformational projects coming out of the classroom and driving policy
- The tech that’s going to change your classroom and school
Take a seat in class for a change and hear from the people who are grabbing new opportunities and running with them. Whichever area you’re involved in, we have a theatre for you.
Quite the field trip (for you)
There’s one thing that’s always the same at Bett, and that’s the buzz throughout the show. This is down to the sheer variety of experiences on offer for everyone involved.