Higher Education Audience Profile
Job titles include:
- Director of Library Services
- Director of eLearning
- Director of Information Services/I.T. Director
- Chief Learning Officer
Opportunities in the HE sector
In the recent debate over the shakeups in Higher Education, one of the topics for discussion was the role of technology and how this might influence teaching styles, assessment, course content and delivery. Through dedicated show content, BETT 2013 will provide a platform for the debate and demonstrate how technology can provide solutions to the following issues:
- The hike in tuition fees putting pressure on universities to prove their value to students.
- Stronger competition from overseas universities in the global education market is forcing UK educational institutes to 'up its game‘.
Click here for research into the Higher Education sector
HE Proactive in seeking new technologies
- Research has shown that HE purchase by committee
- Library services are often leading departments in technology.
- Rapidly growing interest in distance learning tools
- Respondents to our recent survey reported a budget of at least £1 million for learning tools.
What they like
- The HE audience simply have a keen enthusiasm for digital technology
- Further and Higher Education institutions often have large budgets to spend on technologies to support learning and development within the organisation.
- Due to highly competitive HE markets as a result of the increase in tuition fees, this audience are keen to invest in technological and digital content solutions as these are often seen as useful tools for student retention and competitive edge